Promoting your fundraising will help you raise even more! The more people who know about what you’re doing, the more donations you’re likely to receive.
Everyone has a favourite way of keeping in touch so don’t be afraid to use emails, social media or text messages – whatever works for you.
Get in the press
Your local media can be a huge help. Press are always looking for stories about what’s going on in their area and this could give you great publicity for your fundraising. Before making contact, consider the following:
- What do you want to achieve? Do you want more people at your event or donations to your fundraising page?
- Know your facts. What is happening, when and why?
- Who do you need to talk to? Reporters names and contact numbers are often published online or inside a newspaper.
- What area does the paper or radio station cover? Most regional media covers a specific area so check you are contacting the right one. Make sure you emphasise you are from their area.
- What’s your angle? Are you a parent of a child with CHD? Is your fundraising very unusual? Have you reached a specific milestone with your fundraising? To maximise the chances of getting coverage, think about what your news angle is.
- Need any help with the press? Our marketing team is always happy to help you with advice or contacts. Call our Marketing and Communications Manager, Andy McNally, on 0113 8314810.
Spread the word on social media
Social media is a great way to spread the word about your fundraising. It’s easy to do and free to use:
- Update your Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter accounts. Tell people what you’re doing, and why. Don’t be afraid to make it personal – people love to know the reasons behind your fundraising.
- If you’re holding an event, make the date and time as clear a possible. Better still, create an event on Facebook and invite people!
- If you’re using an online fundraising page, don’t forget to include a link.
- Follow relevant people and ask them to retweet your story – you just never know who might find out about it!
- Don’t forget to mention @CHSurgeryFund, we’d love to hear what you’re up to and can share your post too!