Thinking of organising your own event or challenge?
Whether it’s a glitzy ball, football tournament or sponsored silence, we’re here to help make sure your fundraising is a success.
Download posters, bunting and certificates or request printed copies by emailing [email protected].
Our top tips when organising your own fundraising…
When and where will it happen?
- Choose a date that is best for the people you want to invite, remembering to give yourself enough time to organise everything.
- Research what else might be happening that day – try not to clash with a big event.
- What is the best venue? Your house, community centre, hotel or local pub?
- Think budget! Is there a cost to hire the venue? Consider whether you will raise enough money on the day to justify the cost. Don’t forget to tell the venue it’s for charity – you may get a reduced rate.
- Think practically! Will the venue be big enough? Will it be too big? Does the venue have the relevant licences and health and safety policies? Look at our Keeping it safe and legal page for extra help.
Who’s going to come?
- Invite. The more the merrier! Send your own personalised invites.
- Give people plenty of notice, and a reminder the week before.
- Think about getting in touch with local newspapers, websites and bloggers. Look at our promotion section for help with this.
- Get social! Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter are a great way to advertise your event and keep people updated.
- Spread the word. Don’t forget your email contacts, work newsletters or noticeboards.
What do you need?
- Think about all possible scenarios and you’ll be ready to enjoy your event.
- Equipment. What do you need to buy? What could you borrow?
- Do you need volunteers? Remember to ask people to help in plenty of time.
- Have an ‘on the day checklist’ so you don’t forget anything.
- Why not decorate your venue with our bunting and posters.
How are you going to raise the money?
- Online fundraising pages are a great way for people who can’t attend to still donate.
- Sponsor forms. Contact us to request personalised sponsor forms.
- Cake sales are always popular and you can order personalised Children’s Heart Surgery Fund toppers online.
- Raffles and tombolas are another great way to get everyone involved. Download our A-Z guide for more ideas.
- Don’t forget, you can contact us to request collection tins and t-shirts.