We have thoroughly enjoyed working with Harrogate’s Belmont Grosvenor School for the past two years!
Not only they have raised an amazing £10,832.25, but they have also made a massive difference to children affected by Congenital Heart Disease in our region.
Belmont Grosvenor School’s involvement began after Jack Hartley was born with a hole in his heart in 2014, and had open-heart surgery when he was only a few weeks old.
His aunt, Mrs Fearn, is Speech and Drama teacher at the Harrogate independent prep school.
She suggested the school chose Children’s Heart Surgery Fund as their charity for 2015.
One of their members of staff underwent open-heart surgery that summer, cementing their decision to support our charity for a second year.
The pupils, staff and parents have taken part in many activities to support us, here’s just some of them:
- The school organised a sponsored swim each year to raise much-needed funds.
- They also took part in an Easter Hunt in 2015, and brought lots of Easter eggs for the children and their families on the wards and outpatients in 2016.
- In 2015, Belmont Grosvenor organised a drawing competition, and the winner of each class saw their work framed and displayed in the newly refurbished Outpatients Playroom and Waiting room. It was an honour to officially open the room in the presence of the winners, their families and members of staff. We particularly enjoyed the children explaining their drawings of ‘A Grand Day Out in Yorkshire with the Family’. The pictures look fabulous!
- That same day, the children also made a little girl’s day – she had been on the ward for a very long time and it was nice for her to see and talk to other children.
- Mrs Merriman, Headteacher, braved Ben Nevis to raise further funds for the charity – well done and thank you very much!
- We have also really enjoyed the two Summer Balls organised by the school’s PTA – outstanding events in the breathtaking environment of Belmont Grosvenor School!
- The money raised by pupils, staff and parents funded 14 INR self-testing kits in 2015…
- and the school made a subsequent contribution towards our Keeping the Beat appeal this year.
We can’t thank the pupils, staff and parents enough. It has been a real pleasure to work with them all, and we’re very grateful for their fantastic support and kindness.
Thank you Belmont Grosvenor School – you’re a class act!