Direct Line Group volunteers have the Gift of the Gab
A team of volunteers from Direct Line Group in Leeds approached us looking for an interesting and fun opportunity.
We could see they had bags of enthusiasm and so we knew they were ideal candidates for our Gift of the Gab challenge!
On a Summer’s day in Leeds, the team met with Ellie from CHSF who set them the challenge – go out into the city and blag as many items of the wish list provided to them as possible.
The team certainly rose to the challenge and worked tirelessly to approach as many contacts and retailers as they possibly could to get the best results possible.
They hit the town and walked miles searching for the best items. The team regrouped at the end of the day and shared their haul – a wonderful collection of amazing prizes to be used to raise money for CHSF at our fundraising events.
Prizes included a smart phone, vouchers for top restaurants, overnight stays in hotels, and even an electric guitar!
Thank you to all the team at Direct Line Group who worked so hard to achieve the best results possible and for being such a pleasure to work with.
Big thanks to all the companies who donated prizes – too many to mention, but including Friends of Ham, Hilton Hotels, BiBis, Experience Days, The New Ellington and many, many more!
Author: Andy McNally
Date Posted: August 19, 2016
- Askern Music Fest are partnering with Children’s Heart Surgery Fund
- Your funding has helped detect congenital heart conditions early
- Fundraiser Of The Month: Alison Austin
- Where your money goes
- Fundraiser Of The Month: Adam Broadbent
- NHS England give Heart Unit the official green light
- Our new ambassador Dickie Bird
- What Do Trustees Mean To Children’s Heart Surgery Fund?
- Guest Blog: Why icelolly.com Support CHSF
- Marie Lees: Fundraiser of the Month