Education Day at Yorkshire Cricket Foundation
Children’s Heart Surgery Fund is Yorkshire Country Cricket Club’s official charity partner and we are delighted to be taking part in the Yorkshire Cricket Foundation’s annual Education Day.
On Friday 9 June, 20 schools from across Yorkshire will arrive at the Headingley stadium for a unique learning experience outside of the classroom.
There will be a range of workshops for children to get involved in, from physical activities on the pitch to classroom based sessions.
Our session will be jointly led with the Leeds Congenital Heart Unit and activities will include:
- What is the heart and how can we keep our heart healthy?
- What happens when something goes wrong?
- Visiting the hospital
- What is Children’s Heart Surgery Fund?
To get involved or for further information on Education Day, please contact Joanne at Yorkshire Cricket Foundation via Joanne.Swinbank@yorkshireccc.com.
Volunteer at matches
We’re still looking out for volunteers to help us raise awareness during key matches at Headingley. You would be assisting us until the interval, at which point you have the option to watch the rest of the match.
Author: Andy McNally
Date Posted: May 22, 2017
- Askern Music Fest are partnering with Children’s Heart Surgery Fund
- Your funding has helped detect congenital heart conditions early
- Fundraiser Of The Month: Alison Austin
- Where your money goes
- Fundraiser Of The Month: Adam Broadbent
- NHS England give Heart Unit the official green light
- Our new ambassador Dickie Bird
- What Do Trustees Mean To Children’s Heart Surgery Fund?
- Guest Blog: Why icelolly.com Support CHSF
- Marie Lees: Fundraiser of the Month