Join the Skipton Santa Fun Run
We’re really delighted and grateful Skipton Craven Rotary Club have chosen CHSF as their charity for 2016/2017.
And their biggest event of the year is coming up soon – the Great Skipton Santa Fun Run.
It has proven a very popular, fun and successful event over the years, and we hope you’ll be amongst the many Santas to enjoy it this year!
To register, please visit: http://skiptonsantafunrun.com/.
George Garland, President of the Club, explains how our partnership came to fruition:
I first became aware of The Children’s Heart Surgery Fund through the media several years ago when its very existence was threatened.
Subsequently, Myriam Barker gave a presentation at Skipton Craven Rotary Club about the skilful and dedicated team of people at LGI who, under great pressure, performed wonders for children with heart problems and were clearly in need of as much support as possible.
Like many thousands of other supporters we contributed by purchasing something for the centre… in our case some pieces of heart monitoring equipment for children to be able to use at home.
But I wished to know more and arranged to visit the ward at LGI. Suffice to say that it was a moving experience meeting those brave children and their loving parents and that afternoon I decided that my President’s charity for 2016/2017 would be the Children’s Heart Surgery Fund.
Skipton Craven Rotary Club also hosted a BBQ in July, and raised a fantastic £567!
Author: Andy McNally
Date Posted: October 10, 2016
- Askern Music Fest are partnering with Children’s Heart Surgery Fund
- Your funding has helped detect congenital heart conditions early
- Fundraiser Of The Month: Alison Austin
- Where your money goes
- Fundraiser Of The Month: Adam Broadbent
- NHS England give Heart Unit the official green light
- Our new ambassador Dickie Bird
- What Do Trustees Mean To Children’s Heart Surgery Fund?
- Guest Blog: Why icelolly.com Support CHSF
- Marie Lees: Fundraiser of the Month