Have your say on NHS England proposals: UPDATED
In July 2016, NHS England published a set of proposals regarding the future commissioning of congenital heart disease (CHD) services for children and adults.
Earlier on this month NHS England published a consultation document setting out their implementation plans.
The effect of the proposals, if implemented, will be that some hospitals will carry out more CHD surgery and catheter procedures, while others, which do not meet the relevant standards, will stop doing this work.
For Leeds the proposal is that we continue to provide all our current services, and there is the possibility that we will be asked to increase our activity , depending on the outcome of the consultation.
The consultation document and details of how to respond are available at www.engage.england.nhs.uk.
The aim of this public consultation is to provide staff and the public with information about the proposals, and the potential impact they may have, if implemented, on the delivery of services, and to seek views about the plans.
The consultation period runs until 5 June 2017 and during the consultation period NHS England will be attending a range of events, and hosting three large-scale face to face events and a series of webinars, details of which can be found at www.engage.england.nhs.uk
A meeting has been arranged in Leeds on Tuesday 21st March from 5pm-7pm in the Littlewood Hall at LGI.
- There’s no need to register for the Leeds event
- The format is going to be: presentation at 5 and then Q&As afterwards
- It would be useful if you read the consultation document before attending
Please share this with anybody who you think will be interested.
Author: Andy McNally
Date Posted: February 20, 2017
- Askern Music Fest are partnering with Children’s Heart Surgery Fund
- Your funding has helped detect congenital heart conditions early
- Fundraiser Of The Month: Alison Austin
- Where your money goes
- Fundraiser Of The Month: Adam Broadbent
- NHS England give Heart Unit the official green light
- Our new ambassador Dickie Bird
- What Do Trustees Mean To Children’s Heart Surgery Fund?
- Guest Blog: Why icelolly.com Support CHSF
- Marie Lees: Fundraiser of the Month