Toby Strangeway: Fundraiser of the Month
Toby Strangeway has held repeated annual events for us in memory of his first son Jack.
Jack was born in November 2013 with a serious heart defect known as a complete AVSD.
He underwent open heart surgery at just 3 weeks old for the full repair.
Over the following 6 months, there were a lot of complications and countless ups and downs.
Unfortunately, Jack ultimately lost his battle in June 2014 at Leeds General Infirmary. He had never been home.
Over the last three years Toby has organised two charity cricket matches and an amazing sponsored bike ride from Whitby to Tadcaster which has raised invaluable funds for us.
The advice I would give to other fundraisers is to keep up the good work and enjoy what you are doing.
Your support is helping so many families that are going through the hardest times of their lives.
Toby is now married to Jennifer-Leigh and they have another son called Harvey (pictured above).
Me and my wife can’t thank you enough for the help you gave us during the 6 months in hospital.
Without your help we wouldn’t have been able to cope.
The work that you do is amazing and we are looking forward to doing many more fundraisers in the near future.
Author: Andy McNally
Date Posted: September 7, 2017
- Askern Music Fest are partnering with Children’s Heart Surgery Fund
- Your funding has helped detect congenital heart conditions early
- Fundraiser Of The Month: Alison Austin
- Where your money goes
- Fundraiser Of The Month: Adam Broadbent
- NHS England give Heart Unit the official green light
- Our new ambassador Dickie Bird
- What Do Trustees Mean To Children’s Heart Surgery Fund?
- Guest Blog: Why icelolly.com Support CHSF
- Marie Lees: Fundraiser of the Month