Volunteers can watch the game for free
As part of our charity partnership with Yorkshire County Cricket Club, here’s a tremendous opportunity for our supporters to get close to the action for free.
We’re asking for volunteers to attend some of this season’s matches at Headingley (and one in Scarborough) and help us spread the word.
You would be assisting us until the interval, at which point you have the option to watch the rest of the match.
To join the volunteers list, or for more information, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Times are approximate at the moment, but here’s what we know:
- For the One Day International on 24 May – you will be required from about 1pm. Volunteers would help until the interval at around 6pm and then can either leave or stay on for the rest of the match (with a finish around 10pm).
- The T20 matches are in the evening. Volunteers would be needed from 4.30pm until the interval at 8.15pm. The matches finish between 10 and 10.30pm.
- For the Test match on the August bank holiday weekend – volunteers are needed from about 10am, play finishes around 6pm, and volunteers can stay on or leave at the interval.
The full list of matches with volunteering opportunities is as follows:
|Date of match||Opponents||Venue||Competition|
|Wed 24 May||Eng v South Africa||Headingley||One Day International|
|Fri 7 July||Notts||Headingley||T20|
|Fri 21 July||Birmingham||Headingley||T20|
|Sun 23 July||Worcestershire||Headingley||T20|
|Wed 26 July||Durham||Headingley||T20|
|Thur 3 Aug||Derbyshire||Headingley||T20|
|Sun 6 Aug||Essex||Scarborough||SCC1 (including beach cricket)|
|Fri 11 Aug||Lancashire||Headingley||T20|
|Fri 25 Aug||Eng v West Indies||Headingley||TEST|
|Sat 26 Aug||Eng v West Indies||Headingley||TEST|
|Sun 27 Aug||Eng v West Indies||Headingley||TEST|
|Mon 28 Aug||Eng v West Indies||Headingley||TEST|
|Tues 29 Aug||Eng v West Indies||Headingley||TEST|
To join the volunteers list, or for more information, simply email email@example.com with your contact details and the names of those interested, and we’ll get back to you.
Author: Andy McNally
Date Posted: March 13, 2017
- Askern Music Fest are partnering with Children’s Heart Surgery Fund
- Your funding has helped detect congenital heart conditions early
- Fundraiser Of The Month: Alison Austin
- Where your money goes
- Fundraiser Of The Month: Adam Broadbent
- NHS England give Heart Unit the official green light
- Our new ambassador Dickie Bird
- What Do Trustees Mean To Children’s Heart Surgery Fund?
- Guest Blog: Why icelolly.com Support CHSF
- Marie Lees: Fundraiser of the Month