We’re over the moon to announce Junior Frood as our new Youth Ambassador.
Junior’s talent, strength of character and communication skills make him a fabulous role model particularly for our young patients and supporters.
You may have met him at our Christmas Party in 2017 where his fantastic moves and winning personality were on show.
Here’s a few amazing facts about our new ambassador:
- Junior is 13 – he attends Leeds West Academy in Bramley and Pineapple Performing Arts School in London (sponsored by National Express). He’s an anti-bullying campaigner, freestyle dance champion and fundraiser
- Most recently, Junior attended The House of Lords by special invitation from The Rt Hon. the Lord Dholakia to receive a British Citizen Youth Award
- He was presented with this honour for his charity work, which has seen him help raise over £300,000 for charities including Martin House Hospice (where Junior has taught both adults and children to dance), St Leonard’s Hospice and St Gemma’s Hospice
- Junior also received The Diana Award in 2016 for his fundraising work. He is also an anti-bullying ambassador for The Diana Award on the National Youth Board for England
- Each Saturday Junior teaches children and adults with disabilities. He’s performed in the West End, recently finished panto in Halifax and has danced with Justin Bieber on tour
Junior told us:
I’m thrilled to join CHSF as Ambassador so that I can continue to help, support and fundraise as much as possible for the charity.
After meeting all the amazing heart warriors at the Christmas party I knew then that you all had a special part in my heart and that I needed to promote the charity as much as I can.
I will do everything in my ability to be there for the charity, its supporters and those it helps and am honoured and privileged to be asked to be an Ambassador.
American actress Jennifer Grey (from an iconic 80’s movie you might know!) once said that “dance is a metaphor for going beyond where you think you can go.”
We think Junior encapsulates that quote perfectly in his approach to life, charity and dance, and will prove a hugely inspirational figure for our charity.
Keep your eyes peeled for Junior at future events, in our communications and across our social media!